Nature : PG Diploma
Location : Delhi / Bangalore
Contact : For further details, please visit the website – www.giipinfo.com or email at email@example.com
The wide variety of career opportunities in IP goes far beyond being a lawyer or corporate IP counsel. IP professionals include patent agents, technical specialists, licensing executives, consultants, and IP experts in business, science, education and international development environments.
Global Institute of Intellectual Property (GIIP) was founded with the goal of graduating well-educated engineering, technical and science graduates who have solid, practice-based skills, developed through rigorous classroom experiences, coupled with robust clinics and industry internship opportunities. Our goal is to produce graduates who will be directly hired as a Patent Engineer, Patent Analyst or Patent Associate at a leading Corporate, MNC, Law Firm or K/LPO
ABOUT THE POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND PATENT MANAGEMENT
GIIP’s Diploma program was the first of its kind in India to provide comprehensive training in field of intellectual property & patent law for engineers and scientists. The Diploma is an interdisciplinary program, designed to meet the needs of working professionals for a career in intellectual property or commerce and technology. The Diploma program incorporates the legal, technical and management aspects of patents and patent law of US, Europe and India jurisdictions. The program enrolls scientists, researchers, engineering students, patent practitioners, administrators and technology managers and focuses on the acquisition of both substantive knowledge and practical skills through innovative academic coursework.
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, USA
All participants of the Diploma program shall undergo the George Washington University’s online course on US Patent Law. On passing the Certificate Exam, to be conducted by the George Washington University, they shall be awarded a Certificate of Completion from the University.
- Graduates/Post-graduates/PhDs with science, engineering and other technical qualifications
- Domain Experts, Research Scholars, Teachers and Professors
- Legal Professionals (LL.B. & LL.M.) with technical background
Participants appearing for their final year/semester exam are also eligible to apply.
GIIP’s Diploma program curriculum is tailored to meet industry requirements as well as the needs of aspiring professionals. It includes up-to-date education in US, European and Indian patents and patent law and is designed and delivered by outstanding professionals with rich teaching, research, industry and consulting experience.
The Diploma curriculum is enriched through affiliation & partnership with:
- Silicon Valley Seminars Inc. (http://www.patentseminars.com/), USA
- University of Washington, CASRIP (http://www.law.washington.edu/casrip/), USA,
- George Washington University (http://www.gwu.edu/), USA,
- Boehmert & Boehmert (http://www.boehmert.de/) Germany USA
- Recognized and practicing IP Attorneys, Practitioners and Experts from US, Europe and India
All Diploma candidates must complete the following required curriculum:
- Introduction to Intellectual Property and respective law / act
- Substantive knowledge of the American, European and Indian Patent Law
- Skills development courses in Prior Art Search, Patent Analytic, Patent Drafting, Patent Prosecution
- IP Litigation and Licensing module
- IP Commercialization and Monetization module
- In order to receive the Diploma, all candidates must complete a minimum of 540 hours of curriculum, 450 hours of Industry Internship.
- Candidates must maintain a “Pass” average or higher to be granted the Diploma
At GIIP, design and delivery of the training imparted by the international faculty is geared to address global markets and enable employment.
Selection Process based on merit, communication and analytical skills (to be checked through round of personal interview / written examination)
INTERNSHIP AND PLACEMENT
3 months paid internship on completion of the two trimester (6 months) classroom program will be arranged by GIIP. Your internship will be at a leading law Firms, KPO, MNC or Indian Corporate having an in-house patent practice.
Most internship converts to a full-time position, however, in other cases, GIIP shall arrange for alternate employment opportunities.
GIIP helps participants find career opportunities in renowned organizations in India with improved roles and responsibilities and attractive remuneration.
Some of the organizations with whom GIIP has an enduring recruiting and alumni relationship are: Honeywell, GE Research, TVS Motors, Infosys, Symantec, HCL, TCS, Siemens, Evalueserve, Altacit Global, Lexadigm, CPA Global, Ripple IP Services, Clairvolex, Unitedlex, Inventurus, Ius-Juris, IPpro Inc., Panacea Biotech, Sanofi Aventis, Biocon, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Dabur, Jubiliant, Amarchand & Mangaldas, Anand & Anand, K&S Partners, Remfry & Sagar, etc
Delhi and Bangalore centres
Registration: 1st April to 30th May 2014
Admissions: 1st June to 15th June 2014
Start Date: 14th July 2014
End Date: 31st March 2015
[This post is sponsored by GIIP]