ARCIALA, SMU (School of Law)
The School of Law at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has an opening for up to two Research Fellow/Research Associate positions for its Applied Research Centre for Intellectual Assets and the Law in Asia (ARCIALA). The details are as follows:
- Advanced Degree in Law (LLM or Master of Law) from a reputable university required, preferably a PhD candidate with a topic related to intellectual property.
- Fluency in English required.
- Existing publication record in international journals in English preferred.
- Focus on Asian intellectual property law preferred.
- Knowledge of a major Asian language will be preferred.
- Inter-disciplinary research approach preferred.
- Teamwork spirit
The appointment will be on a one-year term contract basis, with the possibility of renewal for a further year subject to good performance and the needs of ARCIALA. Research support will be provided as well as a competitive salary commensurate with relevant qualifications, experience, track record and research potential. The Research Fellow will be required to:
- Be resident at SMU School of Law
- Conduct research, write research reports and publish in both mainstream media and reputable journals.
- Assist in the administration work of ARCIALA and SOL, such as the organization of seminars and conferences or other events, and the update of ARCIALA’s website
- Assist in the academic work of ARCIALA in general.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae, a description of research interest and direction, selected publications, a list of two referees with full contact information, and any other supporting documents to [email protected]
The closing date for the receipt of applications and references is April 30, 2017.
The interviews for the position will take place during the month of May 2017 and the tentative start work date for the Research Fellow will be July 2017.
All correspondence should be addressed to Professor Kung-Chung LIU, Director, ARCIALA: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
(Please quote reference number in all correspondence: RF-SOL-ARCIALA2017)