Nature : IP Workshop
Location : NLU Delhi
Contact : [email protected]
We are happy to bring to your attention the IV Annual IP Teaching Workshop at NLU Delhi on 14th and 15th February, 2015. Please note that the last date for submitting the application is January 5, 2015.
IV Annual IP Teaching Workshop – 2015
14th & 15th February, 2015
National Law University Delhi
National Academy of Law Teachers, National Law University Delhi
in association with
School of Law, University of Washington, Seattle USA
IV Annual IP Teaching Workshop 2015 is being organised under the auspices of National Academy of Law Teaching, National Law University Delhi, in association with School of Law, University of Washington, Seattle, USA on 14th and 15th February, 2015, at National Law University, Delhi.
In 2012, the first such workshop identified several broad challenges faced by teachers of intellectual property law in India. In 2013 the workshop focus was on IP teaching techniques, use of information and communications technology in IP teaching, research and publication. The third workshop in 2014 discussed various issues on IP clinics. All workshops have had key speakers and resource persons from India and abroad. Now in its fourth year, by bringing together a select gathering of IP teachers from all over India, the 2015 workshop will aim to focus on following agenda items:
- Teaching methods for advanced or niche IP courses- This involves discussion on methods and techniques for teaching specialised courses such as evidence in IP litigation, remedies, IP and competition law & economics etc.
- Empirical research in intellectual property – This theme will deliberate on how IP law and policy can be informed by empirical research and how law teachers and researchers can contribute to such research.
- IP clinics- It focuses on contribution by the academia to law and policy – focus on how law teachers can actively contribute to IP law and policy by working with the government, interventions in judicial matters and by engaging with the civil society.
- Teaching IP beyond law schools: Experiences from technical, humanities and management schools – to include IP teachers in non-law institutes and their experiences- discuss how law school teachers can contribute and mutually benefit.
- Engaging IP student societies: Activating IP teaching and research centres in different law schools, student participation activities etc.
All Intellectual Property Law Teachers from any law school/ college/ university (public/private) from India can participate in this workshop.
Process for Selection:
All interested candidates have to send in a short essay (around 1500 words) on any one of the above agenda items of their interest to [email protected] along with their CV.
Selection will be based on previous teaching or research experience / publication in IP
Last Date of Submission of the application: January 5th 2015. (Late entries will not be entertained). The confirmed candidates will announced by January 10th 2015.
Registration Fee: Selected candidates should pay a nominal fee of Rs. 3000/-(Rupees Three Thousand only). Organisers will cover economy air/train travel (cheapest-direct route) and stay/boarding at NLUD guest house for outstation participants.
Contact Information: Any query in this regard may be addressed to:[email protected] or call: +918826724506 (between 14:00 -18:00 hrs)