Position: IPR Head for a Company in the Life Sciences Domain.
Job Description and Profile: The Company is engaged in the manufacture of High end Medical Equipments for the Biotech Industry. This position requires the person to manage the IPR and regulatory affairs of the company; conduct patent searches and landscape analysis.
• Patent portfolio analysis and management.
• Supervising cost effective searches by using paid database like STN,Scifinder etc and guiding team members for the same.
• Preparing and reviewing “Freedom to Operate” (FTO) report.
• Responsible for patent drafting strategies, including patentability criteria like Novelty, Inventive steps and Utility of the invention.
• Reviewing search and examination report issued by different patent office and responding to the same.
• Patent and non-patent literature search using Micropat, Delphion, USPTO, Esp,etc. for Freedom to operate, Patentability, validity etc.
• Non patent literature search.
• Interact with national and international IPR firms for filing Technology Landscape analysis
• Patent prosecution, litigation support, patent opposition,
• Patent infringement and claim analysis
• Dealing patent issues both in regulated and semi-regulated markets.
• Drafting Business Contracts & Agreements.
• Looking after legal issues relating to Contracts & Agreements
Relevant Experience: 10-15 years, engineering background with a Law Degree is essential. Any BE and LLB/LLM with specialization in Intellectual Property Laws from premier National Law University. Post Graduate Diploma in Patent Law & Practice. Candidates from Engineering companies or medical device equipment companies or instruments manufacturing companies or high precision electronic device companies will be preferred