Salaries will be commensurate with the best in the industry.
The JD’s are below and the person (s) selected will work out of Bangalore. For those interested in any of these positions, please send your CVs to spicyip[at]gmail.com.
PATENT ENGINEER / IPR SPECIALIST
Roles & responsibility
1. Identifying and evaluating inventions – will take care of the IPR process from when the invention is first reported until patent is granted
2. Managing allocated patent portfolio will involve collaborating with inventors, technical experts and external patent attorneys
3. Patent creation responsibilities will cover one or more of the following technology fields: signal processing e.g. audio, speech and video codecs, Broadcasting, PoC, UPnP, Operating Systems, Middleware
4. Will work together with R&D professionals in a multicultural team.
1. Bachelors or masters in engineering & familiar with some of the above mentioned technology areas
2. Experience in technical writing
3. Familiarity with the standardization work of 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), 3GPP2, IETF, ETSI or OMA is an added advantage
4. Experience in patenting issues
Role & Responsibilities
1. Will be working with R&D engineers to uncover valuable inventions and teaching them how to identify their own inventions, and to protect those inventions
2. Identifying and evaluating inventions – you will take care of the IPR process from when the invention is first reported until it is granted as a patent.
3. Managing allocated patent portfolio will involve collaborating with inventors, technical experts and external patent attorneys
4. Patent creation responsibilities will cover one or more specific areas of User Interface technology, as well as helping to harvest innovation in any technology area relevant to India R&D
5. Will be working in a multicultural team
1. Degree-level qualification in science or engineering
2. Considerable experience (2-3 years) of working as an IPR professional
3. Qualification as an Indian, US or European patent attorney
4. Experience in technical writing
IPR ASSISTANT / IPR ADMINISTRATOR
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Will participate in implementing and improving patent filing and prosecution activities in India, working with local, global and multiple team influence.
2. The IPR Administrator is expected to solve IPR related administrative problems independently and in cooperation with internal and external interest groups, such as other IPR personnel, inventors, as well as internal and external patent attorneys
3. Acts as a point of contact to IPR related enquiries in particular for the Indian inventors and external patent attorneys, seeking and sharing information
4. Includes training and guiding inventors and IPR personnel in India
1. Two (2) or more years of experience as IPR administrator, preferably in a law firm or company internal patent/prosecution environment
2. Good understanding of patent processes in different jurisdictions, particularly India
3. Excellent organization and prioritization skills, as well as ability of collaboration and networking in multicultural and global environment
4. Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
5. Must be able to work at intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office (excel in particular), internet and other like technologies.
6. Knowledge of IPR management tools is an advantage.