The conference seeks to bring stakeholders together to share experiences, articulate views, and provide meaningful insights into various issues, including
- The Evolving Global Economy and its Impact on IP
- The Role of IP in Promoting, Generating and Accessing New Technologies
- The Innovation Paradigm: Effective National IP and Innovation Eco-systems
- The Creativity Challenge: Sustained Generation of and Access to Knowledge
- Dynamic Use of IP for Business Competitiveness
- Building Respect for IP
The Conference will be addressed by His Excellency Dr. Francis Gurry, Director General, WIPO.
The Conference will be attended by representatives from Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam, among others. It will also be attended by representatives from the Government of India, the Association of Southeast Nations (ASEAN) Secretariat, the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Cooperation (AWGIPC), as well as others from Japan, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Philippines and Thailand.
Further details about the Conference, the programme copy, response proforma, and related material may be accessed here.