The Centre for Internet and Society is seeking an individual with a strong background in legal research and policy work to be part of our Internet governance (IG) programme. This position deals with freedom of expression and Internet governance at both the national and international levels.
Note:This is a full-time position, based out of Bangalore (strongly preferred) or New Delhi. There is currently one vacancy for this post.
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Indian and international law on freedom of expression and strong background in Internet governance.
- Demonstrable research skills.
- Strong communication skills and media-savvy, with the ability to convey complex legal issues clearly to a general audience.
- Public-speaking skills, and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally.
- Ability to lead the programme in setting the goals for the programme, as well as the strategy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Educational background in public policy or law.
- A pre-existing network of contacts with policymakers, media, etc.
- Experience in working with the government.
To apply, please send your résumé to Pranesh Prakash (pranes[email protected]) and Sunil Abraham ([email protected]) with two writing samples related to freedom of expression and Internet governance of which at least one demonstrates your analytic skills, and one that shows your ability to simplify complex policy issues. Governmental rules prohibit us from hiring foreigners for this post. The deadline for applications is Sunday, May 10, 2015.