This May, the global IP community will convene in Orlando, Florida for the 138th Annual Meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA). Over 250 practitioners from across India have already registered and will join an estimated 8,500 fellow IP professionals from 150 countries. Together, they will take part in five days of business development, education, networking and policy discussions.
The INTA Annual Meeting is regarded as the must-attend IP event of the year. For many registrants, it is the most productive week in their calendars! Consider the following meeting offerings:
- 500+ brand owner organizations from around the world will be represented at the Annual Meeting!
- Educational opportunities including a two-day Course on International Trademark Law and Practice with 19 course segments is scheduled from Saturday, May 21st to Sunday, May 22nd.
- The Regional Update: Asian Powerhouses educational session on Monday, May 23rd from 11:45 am to 1:00 pm. Designed for all brand owners and their IP representatives who are eager to attract the attention of consumers in India, China, Japan and South Korea, this session will explore how advertising laws impact brand owners in Asia’s booming consumer markets.
- Over 30 official networking events including 17 paid networking excursions, the Sunday evening Opening Ceremony and Welcome Reception, the India Reception on Monday and the Wednesday evening Grand Finale.
- Exclusive INTA concert by Kool & the Gang on Saturday, May 21st from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm. The band has sold over 70 million albums worldwide and influenced the music of three generations. Guest tickets and bulk discounts are available for sale and this is a great opportunity to entertain friends and clients. The fee includes exclusive access to the Kool & the Gang Concert and open bar for the duration of the event.
- The India Reception provides registrants from India with an invaluable opportunity to network with colleagues and share experiences concerning the benefits and challenges of doing business in India. It is also an opportunity to meet with INTA’s President, CEO, India Consultant and other INTA staff, and to learn more about the Association’s work in India, including INTA’s Annual Delegation to the country, which took place earlier this month and is discussed briefly below.
INTA’s 2016 India Delegation
With the National Intellectual Property Rights Policy expected to be released soon and enthusiasm surrounding the government’s “Make In India” initiative that is steadily gathering steam, this is an exciting time for the country, and indeed, for the global trademark community. In recognition of this fact, INTA activities in India have increasingly provided meaningful ways for brand owners and trademark practitioners in the country to have their voices heard. To facilitate this objective, INTA’s Annual India Delegations are held specifically to engage all key stakeholders on pertinent issues affecting trademarks in an effort to shape policy and make a difference.
INTA’s March 2016 Delegation visit to India significantly elevated the engagement of the Association and its India membership with key stakeholders- cabinet ministers, high-ranking officials from the government, enforcement agencies, including the police and Customs, and prominent trade/IP bodies. In a first for the Association’s activities in the country in 2016, the delegation met with India’s Minister of Law and Justice. During the Delegation visit, INTA also hosted a half-day corporate strategic brand management workshop in Mumbai that drew participation of 115 attendees representing both corporates and law firms.
INTA is excited about upcoming initiatives and partnerships in India that include collaborating on training programs, educational initiatives and participating in policy consultations.
As INTA’s India Consultant, I look forward to speaking with you at the Annual Meeting and continuing our dialogue about INTA’s programs, engagement and policy plans in India. Please contact me ([email protected]) to arrange a time to connect in Orlando.
Do not delay, register today to be part of one of the largest IP meetings of the year. See you in Orlando!