We have some exciting news for readers who may be interested in higher education opportunities. The Center for Law and Intellectual Property at Texas A&M University School of Law, ranked amongst the top 14 IP law programmes in the USA, is offering post-graduate programs in IP Law, and IP Jurisprudence. The Center has also expanded in the past academic year to include some stellar faculty of which Professor(s) Peter Yu, Srividhya Ragavan and Irene Calboli all have expertise in Asia and India along with other experts including Professor(s) Glynn Lunny, Megan Carpenter and Saurabh Vishnubhakat. Additionally, the University has a number of scholarship programs and other benefits available to its students that significantly reduce the financial burden of studying abroad. More information on the programmes is available here.
We are also very happy to announce that members of the CLIP will be in Bangalore and Cochin this coming May and June, and will be available at the following events to interact with anyone interested in the CLIP programmes:
- As announced earlier, SpicyIP is very excited to be partnering with the Law and Technology Society at the National Law School (NLS), Bangalore on the Open
Acces-themed edition of ‘Consilience’, to be held on 28th and 29th May 2016. The Texas A&M University has graciously offered to host a dinner on the 1st evening of the conference (28th May) in Bangalore. The dinner is open to those who are not current students of NLSIU as well.
TAMU will be hosting a table for interested students to give specific information on scholarships for their pre-graduate programs that may be offered in India, LL.M and M. Jur programs. The information can significantly help reduce financial burdens and time commitments for students. Should you wish to take an appointment, please do so.
- The University is also hosting another event for candidates interested in pursuing the IP law programmes at Texas A&M University, on May 26 or June 1. Further details of this event are forthcoming.
- Those of you in Cochin will have the opportunity to meet Professor Srividhya Ragavan, Professor of Law at CLIP, Texas A & M University, and well-known IP expert. TAMU is hosting a lunch on June 18th at Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), and you will be able to make an appointment to meet Prof. Ragavan on that day.
If you are interested in attending any of the above events, or in taking an appointment to meet with Prof. Ragavan in Cochin, please mail the following details to tamuindia[at]law.tamu.edu:
- Date of event
- Law or non-law background
- Current job or institution of enrollment
Act soon so you don’t miss out!