Theme: IP for Development: The emerging Paradigm
Where: National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai, INDIA.
When: July 15-16, 2016.
The 3rd International Conference on Management of Intellectual Property and Strategy is being organised jointly by the Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay, India and the National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, India. This conference has the overarching theme of IP for Development: The emerging paradigm that reflects the cross roads of IP management, research and strategy in India. The conference is particularly impactful as over its previous two editions, round tables had been compiled and submitted to the government for their IP policy and strategy design.
The organisers invite quality research articles in a broad range of topics related to IP and Innovation from emerging student researchers, practitioners and policy makers. The conference has a sub-theme which is, Driving Nation’s Competitiveness – The IP Environment and Ecosystem. Extended abstracts are invited in the following major tracks of interest identified (but are NOT Limited to these):
- Economics of commons
- Identification, decisions and strategic management of IPR – IP informatics and analysis
- Managing technology and knowledge transfer and spill overs
- Missing IP management in strategy
- Myths and realities in IP quality, valuation and its branding
- Navigating the digital jungle – IPR as the compass
- Open innovation – does IP get in the way?
- Public institutions, requirements and intergenerational equity of IP
- Rationales and paradigms in the role of IPR
- Standardization and pooling through IPR
- The public – private dichotomy under trips flexibility and maximum standards
The due date for submission of abstracts is the 15th of Feb, 2016. The conference also has instituted an award for the best student and practitioner (academic and industry) papers.
More information can be found on their website here.