Nature : National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights
Location : PHD House, New Delhi
Contact : As mentioned below
We are happy to announce that PHD Chamber in collaboration with University of Delhi (under the aegis of IPR Chair), is organizing a two day National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) on December 16 & 17, 2016 at PHD House in New Delhi.
About the Conference
Intellectual Property is the term given to the generation of original intellectual or creative activity. India has become a member of the global patent regime by signing TRIPS and recently the Madrid protocol but awareness and proficiency of the subject is very less.
A huge sum of money is spent on R&D every year while the patents filed in India by locals are only 20% of the total filed patents. Despite efforts from government and industry, international companies and individuals continue to overshadow local inventors with regard to filing patent applications. Of the 43,000 applications filed for patents every year with the India Patent Office of the Controller General of Patents Designs and Trademarks (CGPDTM) each year; just 9,000 are from Indian individuals and companies.
On this backdrop, PHD Chamber in collaboration with University of Delhi (under the aegis of IPR Chair), is organizing a Two days National Conference on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) with special focus on patents to generate awareness about IPR and to provide a leading platform to the stakeholders for identifying the practical solutions for the problems concerning the creation, proprietorship and protection of intellectual property. DEITY, DIPP and Indian Patent Office are being approached for academic support.
Theme of the Conference
Broad theme for the conference is “Emerging IPR issues and challenges for Innovations for startups, MSME and Academia”. Aligning to the specific immediate needs, papers / posters are invited in the following major tracks of interest identified (NOT limited to these):
- Roadmap to IPR Creation
- Strategizing Intellectual Property
- Current Trends/Issues in Drug Sector
- IP in Digital Domain
- IP Infringement and Enforcement
- Monetizing Intellectual Property
- To generate awareness and sensitize the participants about IPRs and their protection.
- To suggest steps for transforming innovations into proprietary assets.
- To sensitize the participants on issues of IP enforcement, piracy, counterfeiting, Copyright violation etc.
- To deliberate on accessing and using IP information for further R&D in developing new products and processes for developing business strategies.
- To acquaint the audience with current policies and issues on national and international IP legislations and treaties.
- Academic & Industrial Researchers, Practicing engineers
- Individual Inventors
- Entrepreneurs with knowledge intensive product/ service offerings
- Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSME)
- Students of Sciences, engineering, Pharma, medicine, law and allied disciplines
- Please send abstracts (250 – 500 words) / full text paper in a .doc or .docx file format to email@example.com
- Short listing Process: A Review committee comprising IP experts will screen the abstracts which will be subjected to a double blind peer review and be identified suitable for presentation
- All the papers will be subjected to plagiarism check and expert reviews, publication and presentation strictly on the basis of the same
- Presenting author/authors need to register for the Conference on the acceptance of their abstracts
Registration Fee and Other Details
Dr. Jatinder Singh
Sr. Secretary, PHD Chamber
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Assistant Secretary, PHD Chamber
Email : email@example.com
Tel: +91 26863801-04, 49545454, Ext 255
Fax: +91 26855450, 49545451
Dr. Rekha Chaturvedi
MHRD IPR Chair Professor, Delhi University
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org