We’re pleased to inform you that ITechLaw is organising the 15th ITechLaw 2019 International India Conference from January 30, 2019 to February 1, 2019 at the JW Marriott in Bangalore. For further details, please read the announcement below:
15th ITechLaw 2018 International India Conference (January 30 – February 1, 2019, Bangalore)
The 15th ITechLaw 2018 International India Conference organised by ITechLaw is coming again to Bangalore. The conference will be held from January 30 to February 1, 2019 at the JW Marriott, Bangalore. The conference begins with a special CyberSpaceCamp® for lawyers with 0-3 years of experience in technology law. Participants at this event at Nishith Desai Associates receive very discounted prices to attend the full conference (view more details here).
About This Year’s Conference
The conference theme is Re-Imagining Tech Regulations for the Digital Economy. The agenda is planned by the local planning committee with inputs from both in-house and private practice lawyers to cover hot topics in technology law today. The conference will feature more than 60 expert speakers who will share their ideas and thoughts on the latest technological and legal trends. Some of the sessions include:
- Re-imagining Intermediary Liability in the Age of Fake News, Hate Speech, and Information Wars
- Data Fiduciary: A Bold New Idea in the Big Data World
- Rethinking the Role of Government in the Age of Big Data
- FinTech in Asia: Balancing Regulation and Innovation
- Policy and Regulatory Challenges for the Future of Mobility
- Changing IP Landscape in eCommerce and Impact on Intermediaries
- General Counsel Forum
- Talks on Artificial Intelligence
- OTT: Is Convergence a Reality or an Excuse to Regulate
- Policy Making for the Emerging Tech in India
- Internet of Humans to Internet of Things
- Regulating DNA Technology
- Communications Panel: Rethinking Existing Licensing Frameworks and New Challenges
The full agenda is available for review here. The conference also features the General Counsel Forum focusing on the challenges and opportunities that in-house legal teams face today. On Thursday evening, 31 January 2019, ITechLaw hosts an exclusive Gala Dinner, which is an excellent occasion to socialise and network with other attendees. You may register to attend just the Gala, if you wish.
ITechLaw has been serving the technology law community worldwide since 1971 and is one of the most widely established and largest associations of its kind. It has a global membership base representing six continents and spanning more than 70 countries. Its members and officials reflect a broad spectrum of expertise in the technology law field. ITechLaw informs and educates lawyers about the unique legal issues arising from the evolution, production, marketing, acquisition and use of information and communications technology. ITechLaw is a forum for the exchange of ideas and in-depth examination of information technology and telecommunications law issues.