We are pleased to announce that the Indian Journal of Law and Technology (IJLT) is inviting original and unpublished manuscripts for publication in Volume 15. For further details, please see the call for submissions below:
The Board of Editors of the Indian Journal of Law and Technology (IJLT) is pleased to invite original and unpublished manuscripts for publication in Volume 15 due to be submitted by the 10th of May, 2019.
About the Journal
The Indian Journal of Law and Technology (IJLT) is a student-edited, peer-reviewed, open access law journal published annually by the National Law School of India University, Bangalore. The IJLT is the first and only law journal in India devoted exclusively to the study of the interface between law and technology.
The journal carries scholarship in the areas of intellectual property rights, internet governance, information communication technologies, access to medicines, privacy rights, digital freedoms, openness, telecommunications policy, media law, innovation etc. along with focusing on perspectives on contemporary issues involving the intersection of law, technology, industry and policy.
The previous issues of the IJLT have featured scholarly writings by distinguished scholars such as Jonathan Zittrain (Harvard Law School), Justice Michael Kirby (High Court of Australia), Yochai Benkler (Author of ‘The Wealth of Networks’), Gavin Sutter (Queen Mary University of London), Professor Stephen Hobe (International Institute of Space Law), and Shamnad Basheer (Founder, SpicyIP).
The Journal is presently indexed on research databases such as WestLaw, HeinOnline, the Legal Information Institute of India (ILI) and Manupatra. Following the policy of open access, all the articles from previous issues are available on our website.
Any broad area of law and technology. We have previously carried submissions on and invite submissions in the areas of:
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Cloud Computing
- Data Protection
- Free-Speech and Openness
- Hard and Soft Intellectual Property Rights
- Intermediary Liability
- Media and Entertainment Law in the Digital Age
- Pharmaceuticals and Access to Medicines
- Privacy Rights
- Technology, Innovation and Competition
- Telecommunications Policy and Regulation, etc.
This list is merely illustrative and we are happy to discuss other areas of interest as well. We generally encourage submissions with a developing country perspective or a comparative approach that benefits the developing world.
Word Limit and Footnoting Style
IJLT is now accepting submissions under the following categories:
- Articles (5000-12000 words).
- Essays (3000-5000 words) and
- Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (2000-6000 words).
We are also open to discussing potential submissions that are substantially longer or shorter. Please get in touch with us for further information. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited book reviews.
The above limits are exclusive of footnotes. Substantive footnoting is allowed.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter stating the name(s) of the authors, their institution/affiliation, the title of the submission and contact details.
- An abstract (not more than 250 words) must be submitted.
- Co-authorship (up to a maximum of 3 authors) is permitted.
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10, single line spacing.
- Kindly follow the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA).
Format of Submission
Please send in your submissions in MS/Open Word (*.doc OR *.docx OR *.odt), along with the following information:
- Full Name of the Author
- Position / Year of Study
- Institutional Affiliation (if any)
- Contact Details of the Author
- An abstract of not more than 200 words
Although, all submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, however the deadline for submissions for the 15th Volume is May 10th, 2019. We will announce further deadlines on a necessity basis.
Please send original, unpublished papers to [email protected].
Please feel free to browse our website for further details (www.ijlt.in).
Email: [email protected]