Right on the heels of our new website’s launch, we’re happy to also announce our 2nd SpicyIP Fellowship! Anubha, Aparajita and Gopika – our first crop of SpicyIP Fellows whom we’ve been very happy with – have all been invited to stay on to be part of our team after their fellowship period expires in February. [Edit: Click here to see what they have to say about their experience so far!] As was the case last year, we’re on the lookout for sharp, passionate bloggers to join us as SpicyIP fellows – researching and writing on developments in the Indian intellectual property rights and innovation policy scenario. The 2014-15 fellowship is open to anyone interested and carries a stipend of Rs. 15,000.
What are we looking for?
As our mission statement reads, our writers are bound by an interest in fostering a more transparent, collaborative and productive IP and Innovation eco-system in India. This is of course a long and hard journey but we have had some successes. Some of our achievements are listed here. With our email subscription list now having around 4200 members and our blog receiving over 100,000 viewers monthly, our blog stats show the growth we’ve had over the years, thanks in great part to our readers who keep the conversations going and keep us on our toes. We are looking to share this platform with similarly dedicated Fellows!
– How to apply?
- Fellows will be chosen based on quality of guest posts submitted to us over a 6 week period from 1st December, 2013 to 15th January, 2014.
- At least three guest posts per applicant need to be submitted in this 6 week period.
- These guest posts are to be submitted to “[email protected]” with “fellowship” in the subject line.
– Evaluation criteria
- Ability to research
- Critical analysis
- Ability to write succinctly
- Language skills
- Anybody is welcome to apply.
- To be considered for the Fellowship, each applicant must submit at least 3 guest posts within the 6 week period from 1st December, 2013 to 15th January, 2014.
- These guest posts must pass our standard editorial check for the blog which include:
- A upper word limit of 900 words per post.
- Clarity of language
- Clear analysis
- Relevance of topic [Edit: this includes relevance of the post to the Indian IP landscape]
- Posts on current events will be preferred but conceptual and purely analytical posts will be accepted too.
- If the topic has already been covered on the blog, then the post will not be carried unless it brings in a new angle or overlooked aspect.
– Terms and conditions
- Once selected, Fellows will be on a probationary period for the first month (February 2014).
- Fellows will be required to either:
- Write 6 posts per month for 12 months. If notified in advance, this can be reduced to 4 per month during internship periods; and a complete break period for exam durations.; OR
- 5 posts per month for 12 months. If notified in advance, up to 4 weeks can be taken off.
- These posts can be either the Fellow’s own preferred topics so long as they fit within our broader mission statement or can be chosen from a pool of topics open to all members.
- These posts must be a minimum of 350 words per post.
- The fellowship period will begin on February 1st, 2014 and run till January 31st, 2015.
- The stipend will be paid in in 3 parts of Rs 5000 each, payable every 4 months for the duration of the fellowship.
– Selection Process
- The Fellows will be selected from the guest posters during the above mentioned 6 week period and will be notified by 25th January, 2014.
- Based on these submitted guest posts, current SpicyIP team members will decide by consensus to whom the Fellowships will be awarded.
- Once selected, the Fellow(s) will be announced on the blog.
- Once selected, if an applicant does not fulfill or otherwise terminates his obligation before the end of the fellowship period, the fellowship will be considered cancelled.
- The same will be notified on the blog and that applicant will receive no more than what s/he has already received up to that point.
- For the duration of the first month of the fellowship, i.e., February 2014, the Fellow will be on a probationary period and we reserve the right to terminate the fellowship if the candidate is deemed unfit in that period.
If there are any questions, please send them across. We look forward to receiving your entries!
4 thoughts on “2nd Annual SpicyIP Fellowship”
Pingback: Copyright in Photographs vis-a-vis Social Networking Sites – SpicyIP - MediaNama
Pingback: Copyright in Photographs vis-a-vis Social Networking Sites – SpicyIP | Indian Media Magazine - Media, Television, Movie and Celebrity News
Pingback: Keep Calm and Share: Internet Memes & Copyright – SpicyIP - MediaNama
Pingback: Keep Calm and Share: Internet Memes & Copyright – SpicyIP | Indian Media Magazine - Media, Television, Movie and Celebrity News