We’re pleased to announce that the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) is organizing the International Conference on Intellectual Property and Development, entitled “How to Benefit from the IP System”, on May 20, 2019 in Geneva. For further details, please see the announcement below:
International Conference on Intellectual Property and Development: How to Benefit from the IP System
Join stakeholders from government, civil society, IGOs, NGOs, industry and other sectors to share insights in different domains of intellectual property (IP) and development. Explore national, regional and international knowledge and experience on recent IP and development issues, and strategize on how best to benefit from the IP system.
International Conference on “IP and Development – How to Benefit from the IP System”, organized in the context of WIPO’s Development Agenda.
– Welcome address by Mr. Francis Gurry, Director General of WIPO
– Introductory remarks by Ambassador H.E. Mr. Hasan Kleib of Indonesia, Chair of the CDIP
– Keynote address by Ambassador H.E. Ms. Amina C. Mohamed, Cabinet Secretary of Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage of Kenya
Participants will explore the following panels:
– How the IP system benefits innovation.
– How the IP system benefits creativity.
– How the IP system benefits global issues.
– Open discussion on the challenges and opportunities of the IP system in the current world.
Monday, May 20, 2019
WIPO New Conference Hall (with interpretation in the six UN languages)
Webcasting (English and the floor language) at: https://www.wipo.int/webcasting/en/
More Information and Registration
More information on the Conference, including the full list of Speakers, is available at: www.wipo.int/meetings/en/2019/ip_development_conference.html. Registration is open at www3.wipo.int/registration/en/form.jsp?meeting_id=51386.