A gentle reminder to our readers that the last day to submit comments for the revision of the Patent, Designs, Trademark, GI and Copyright Manuals and Guidelines is just around the corner. As discussed earlier, CGPDTM has invited comments from the interested stakeholders by October 15, 2023.
The relevant links to the present manuals and guidelines are given below:-
- Patent Manuals
- Guidelines for Examination of Computer-Related Inventions, 2017
- Guidelines for Examination of Patent Applications in the Field of Pharmaceuticals
- Copyright Manual
- Draft Trademark Manual
- Trademark Guidelines
- GI Manual
- GI Guidelines
- Design Manual
As explained in the above post, these manuals and guidelines are paramount owing to their role in the implementation of the provisions within different Acts and Rules. For a quick background reading on some of the interesting and important concepts explained within these manuals and guidelines below, interested readers can refer to a few blog posts below:-
- The Ping-Ponging Paradigm of Patenting Computer Programmes in India (“Software Patenting” 1999-2020)– on the explanation regarding Computer Related Inventions (CRIs).
- Reengineering of the Requirement of Disclosure of Foreign Applications by the 2019 Patent Manual– on the requirement to disclose the corresponding foreign patent applications.
- Part II: Diagnostic method patents in India– on prohibition to patent diagnostic methods.
- Hear Me Out! Assessment of Phonetic Similarity is as Important as that of Visual Similarity: An Assessment of INSEAD v. Fullstack Education– On the obligation of the Trademark Registry to conduct a thorough phonetic search for similar marks after receiving a trademark application.
- It’s a Product Patent… It’s a Process Patent… It’s Product-by-Process Patent!– On the guidelines regarding product by process patent.
- Attars and Agarbattis: Protecting Traditional Cultural Expressions through Non-Conventional Trademarks– on non-traditional trademarks.